Weekly Disposable Contact Lenses: Pros and Cons
- Weekly lenses are a popular choice because of their cost and durability.
- The lenses are more breathable and last longer.
- They’re easy to maintain in the long run, if you have a steady schedule.
- Some weekly lenses can also be worn overnight without any associated risk.
- Compared to a daily contact lens, weekly lenses require a bit more maintenance.
- If the lens is not cleaned and maintained, you may be at a higher risk for an eye infection or chronic irritation.
- Prolonged use of weekly contact lenses may also increase the risk of irritation from allergens.
No matter which type of contact lenses you choose, any symptoms of discomfort should be immediately communicated to a doctor.
Shop with us today
for quality weekly disposable contact lenses from top brands like Acuvue, Bausch & Lomb and more!
How to Care for Weekly Disposable Contacts
Weekly contact lenses have a wear time of one to two weeks. The exact length of time varies with the brand and type of contact lenses. Some weekly contact lenses require more maintenance. Weekly lenses are the most prescribed lenses because they strike a balance between daily and monthly lenses, offering some of the benefits of both types. They are cost-effective and easy to maintain. Need to renew your prescription? Click here
to renew online!
Thinking of Switching to Daily Disposable Contact Lenses?
Pros of Daily Lenses
- More convenient because they require no upkeep -- you can wear a pair of daily lenses for a day, and throw them away when the day is done.
- No worry when it comes to product build-up, such as pollutants from the air and personal cosmetics that can get trapped in the lenses over time.
- Easier to wear for first time users or a younger audience because they are easier to maintain.
Ready to buy your contact lenses? Get started
with Simple Contacts:
- Affordable prices, without buying in bulk
- Free shipping on all orders
- Flexible subscription option
- We always carry your favorite brands
- Full transparency (no hidden fees or rebates)
- Renew your expired prescription online
- Amazing customer reviews (7000+ 5 star reviews)